Pilgrims Pride Corporation
|Location:||Texas, United States|
|Number Of Employees:||Above 1000 People|
|Total Annual Sales Volume:||Above US$100 Million|
From humble beginnings to industry leader For more than five decades, pilgrim's pride has produced healthy, high-qualit...
From humble beginnings to industry leader
For more than five decades, pilgrim's pride has produced healthy, high-quality food products that go into some of the world's finest recipes. In fact, we developed a number of those recipes ourselves, so consumers of our products could enjoy and benefit from them to the fullest. Now we have developed a new recipe - one to enhance the quality and health of our company and all its stakeholders.
- with the acquisition of conagra's chicken division on november 23,2003, our company doubled in size to $5 billion in net sales, cementing our position as the undisputed number-two poultry producer in America.
- headquartered in pittsburg, texas, pilgrim's pride corporation is the second-largest chicken producer in the united states. It is the largest chicken company in puerto rico and the second-largest chicken company in Mexico.
- new york stock exchange symbol: Ppc
- pilgrim's pride employs more than 40,000 people in the u. S. Mexico and puerto rico.
- major facilities are in texas, alabama, arkansas, Georgia, kentucky, louisiana, north carolina, pennsylvania, tennessee, virginia, west virginia, Mexico and puerto rico; other facilities are in arizona, california, iowa, mississippi, utah and wisconsin.
The company currently processes approximately 30 million birds per week for a total of more than 6 billion pounds of poultry per year.
- pilgrim's pride products are sold to foodservice, retail and frozen entree customers. The company's primary distribution is through retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants throughout the united states and puerto rico and in the northern and central regions of Mexico.
- pilgrim's pride owns and operates 26 chicken processing plants(22in the u. S. Three in Mexico and one in puerto riCo., eight chicken prepared foods plants, two Turkey processing plants, one Turkey furtherprocessing plant, and feed mills, hatcheries, and growout facilities to supply these plants.
Approximately 4,000 growout farms located in the united states and Mexico supply poultry for the company's operations.
- in MT. Pleasant, texas, pilgrim's pride operates one of the largest prepared foods plants in the united states, with the capability of producing 500 different products and the capacity to turn out more than 7 million pounds of finished goods per week.
- the company's further-processing facilities have the combined capacity to process more than 1 billion pounds of product per year.
- pilgrim's pride is the second-largest u. S. Chicken company in value-added chicken products.
Pilgrim's pride owns and operates 17 distribution centers in the u. S. And 13 in Mexico. The company's distribution center located near pittsburg, texas, features a state of the art, fully automated,40-million-pound capacity freezer featuring rfid&GPS technologies allowing worldwide inventory tracking.
- plants in Mexico are strategically located to serve 75% of all mexican consumers.
The company exports commodity chicken and Turkey products to more than 70 countries, including Japan, Russia and kazakhstan.
- pilgrim's feed manufactures more than 155,000 tons of high-quality bulk and bag feed per year for livestock and show animals. The commercial feed division employs 90 people and has annual sales of more than $28 million.
- pilgrim's pride was named wendy's quality supplier of the year in 2003; whataburger's supplier of the year in 2002; and wal-mart's supplier of the year in 2001.
- in 2004, pilgrim's pride was named one of the "most admired companies in america" by fortune magazine, ranking second in the food production category.
For more information please contact us.
North America : 100.00%
Email to this supplier